6 Key Elements of a Rocking Facebook Fan Page [UPDATED VERSION]
The digital era of marketing has opened a path into a more personal way to do business, Social Media Marketing, in which brands have become social and can get more personal with their customers, sounds great and all, but… How does one attract people into liking and sharing your Social Media (and more specifically, your Facebook Fan Page) content? Here are some valuable key elements to transform your Facebook Fan Page, from “meh” into “Hell yeah!”
- Location, Location, Location
Making your follower numbers grow, requires a network of platforms, allowing visitors to drive from one platform to another, in a natural way, in order to engage visitors with valuable, rich content. In this example, we can see how these guys do it like pros:
We can see how all social media is shared in the home page and back again to home
Take the trip from Instagram, inviting you to join them on YouTube as well
- Remember, demographics are a thing:
- Facebook users are 53% female and 47% male.
- Average Facebook user has 155 “friends”.
- 56% of online Seniors aged 65+ are on Facebook and 63% are between age 50-64.
- 87% of online users of age 18-29 are on Facebook.
- 74% college graduates are on Facebook.
- 72% of online users of income more than $75K are on Facebook.
- 82 percent of 18 to 29-year-olds online in the U.S. use Facebook.
- 79 percent of 30 to 49-year-olds online in the U.S. use Facebook.
- 56 percent of U.S. online users ages 65 and up use Facebook.
So, sorry Gramps, this social network’s Demographics narrows your Buyer Personas, time to get back into your drawing table and replan that Fanpage into a Rocking Facebook fan Page, uh?
- Make it interesting
Make it the one place your Buyer Personas would like to visit, it’s not a sales pitch, but if you follow Dell’s idea, you could give advices, tutorials, tips and tricks, to create content they’d love, and in return, more traffic will come into your business.
Also, you’ll expand your demographics, making more people come into your door, looking for those things you’ve done to delight your customers (cat videos not always apply, ok?).
- Give free stuff
Engaging your public into liking a post, commenting on a post, liking & commenting a post, posting on your Page's timeline, having the comment with the most likes, this comes with a price, or better said, a prize, give something away, coupons, discounts, autographs (If you’re an artist). Enough fun was made in the 80’s and 90’s cartoons about giving free T-shirts and how people ran desperately to go and catch ‘em all.
- On a side note, be extremely careful not to violate Facebook’s Guidelines.
- Check out these tips for making Successful contests
Down to business, you want to encourage people to visit, like and comment on your Facebook Fan Page, well, the key here is rocking that baby with sweet deals and offers they can’t refuse, invest some money, and more will come to you (Can you hear it? #ka-ching!).
- Say yes to the fans.
Ok, let’s pretend someone has already made a Facebook Fan Page about your company, shush now, no, don’t call the lawyer, stop it!, instead of raging like a hungry lion, check out the story of a couple of fans who made the Coca-Cola fan page, in this video.
Basically, you can take advantage of the free advertisement your fans can provide, Do they want to make a fan page about you? Fantastic! it means your company has a rocking Facebook fan page and it needs more and more space.
You’re not out the woods yet buddy
On Thursday, February 2nd, 2017, Facebook announced that there are more than 200 million people around the world using FB Lite every month (Source: Business Standard). You might be wondering what does this mean to you, simple:
- The reach of Facebook is getting everywhere.
- Keeping lower end Android devices in mind, Facebook designed FB Lite for areas where the internet connectivity is slow, meaning even in remote places, your message can be heard.
- It is estimated that there would be around 19.5 million Facebook users in Spain by 2018. Source: Statista (Making a Spanish version of it wouldn’t hurt, would it?).
- Creating content should be your top priority, establishing a Facebook Fan Page plan is a must.
- Keep in mind the statistics, while making 20 minute videos sounds like a good idea, it might bore those 200 million people on the mobile app, so, apply a KISS rule there.
Creating a Facebook Fan Page is easy, simple and requires no effort, now making it a Rocking Facebook Fan Page and getting the likes, shares and attention is a hard, time consuming task that requires dedication and planning, so, get to it!
Do you have a Rocking Facebook Fan Page? What did you do to get the Rocking on it? What elements did you add to make it easier to share, like and follow? How do you engage your visitors?
Please do share those insights with us, as we want to share this other tips to make it rock hard!